Wednesday, July 1, 2009

life and neighbors

My family was never super-close to our neighbors. Even our relatives who have lived down the street haven't been a part of our weekly routine. With this in mind, it shouldn't be surprising that I have always had a difficult time connecting to my neighbors. In Ukraine, I knew that I was too loud, so I didn't really ask the neighbors if everything was alright. But here in Eugene, I haven't felt the desire or need to connect with my neighbors. Okay, that's not true. I wrote down three neighbors that I wanted to meet: glasses, the smoker, and the girl in 33. Thus far, I have met the smoker (who is extremely nice and I think he'll be a great neighbor), the girl in 33 (who wasn't all that friendly and to be honest, I think she just found me weird, which is true, but come on, I tried to make an effort), and this morning I met glasses (who I just found out is moving out within a fortnight).

I'm not certain if I will become friends with my neighbors during the next year that I live here. I'm thinking I should, I mean, what if I get hit by a car while riding my bike? I'll need to be living a happy life should that happen and I end up in a coma. At least then, I wouldn't be waiting for my life to move on. I know, it's a horrible thing to think about, right? But that's what I do. I'm in a constant state of thinking. And I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment