Monday, July 20, 2009

Ten Things I Do to Save Mother Earth...


I live in Eugene. Thus, I must become "green" as they say around Oregon. Becoming green isn't as easy as one might think. There are many different things one must do. But to avoid getting dull and making my readers question my true green-esence, I will make a list of things I am doing to be more green.

First: I carry a bag of paper and cereal box-type material once a week to the JSchool, where I put it in the recycle bins.

Second: I carry a small shopping bag with me always so that I don't need to get a bag from the store.

Third: I walk to school pretty much every morning. I haven't bought a car and quite frankly don't want to buy one (except that it would make it so much easier to drive to the coast).

Fourth: I turn out the kitchen light when I'm in the living room.

Fifth: I ALWAYS unplug my fan when I leave my apartment.

Sixth: I'm recycling all old CDS (also taking them to the JSchool where I put them in the CD recycle bin).

Seventh: I drink a lot of water.

Eighth: I rewear my clothes several times before washing them. (True story. I've worn my jean shorts three days in a row!)

Nineth: I don't waste water doing dishes three times a day. Just once...maybe every TWO days.

Tenth: I put "going green" type stickers in my journals as daily reminders to be earth friendly.

I think ten is a good number. Hmm...any tips on what I should do to turn green quicker?

2 comments:

  1. Did you buy one of those cheesy fabric grocery bags? And most importantly, do you carry if with you everywhere, or just to the grocery store? The later is ok, but the former...uh, maybe I'll buy you a cute tote with a earth friendly graphic on it! :-) J/K Good to be green. I've been considering recyling lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering? Jenn! You must! Recycling is vital to this circle of life!

    ReplyDelete