Saturday, July 25, 2009

If I Could Rewrite Little Women

1. Jo would never fall for that boring German professor.
2. Amy would never marry Laurie.
3. Jo and Laurie would end up together in the end.
4. Beth would not die.
5. Instead of dying, Beth would have become a great pianist and she would have married her own boring professor.
6. Amy would have not turned out so pretty. (She was such a brat as a child. Come on people, I believe in Karma!)
7. Jo would write both her crazy stories as well as the deep meaningful "Little Women" ones.

I'm sure I could change more, but right now I'm watching the movie and I STILL can't handle the fact that Laurie marries Amy and Jo falls for the professor. It's just wrong. It's even more painful to read it.

2 comments:

  1. OMG... I died laughing at number 6. She is such a B*$%#! I always wondered how a smart girl like Jo could fall for the boring professor. It just doesn't fit with her adventurous personality and imaginative spirit. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the book before (and why would I?) and I've only seen the movie once and a long time ago. I remember been sorely disappointed afterwards and swearing I would never watch it again...I kept that promise!

    ReplyDelete