Tuesday, June 30, 2009

bags and bikes and witches galore


Do you remember that Friends episode when Phoebe was looking in her purse for something and she pulled out a goldfish? What kind of person carries a goldfish around in her bag? I guess it could be easy, I mean, I'm carrying my bike helmet in my new Tibetan bag. It could be easy to turn into a quasi-Mary Poppins with the gigantic purse with stand up mirrors and vials of cough syrup.

But I am no Mary Poppins. I'm probably a little more like the wicked witch of the west. Today, I rode my gearless bike to school. It wasn't such a bad ride, but when I got here, I had no idea how to properly lock my bike up. After my somewhat difficult experience of locking up the bike, I walked around campus, checking out how more experienced bikers lock their equipment up. I still haven't come up with a good solution. I think my Walmart bike is too thick, for those of us inexperienced and basically screwed bikers who don't know what they're doing. Hmm. I wonder if a few months of biking will change my opinion on this. For now, I am going to confidently walk around campus with my purple bike helmet shaking in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment