Thursday, August 27, 2009

Up late

"Whoever thinks of going to bed before twelve o'clock is a scoundrel."
--SAMUEL JOHNSON--


When I lived in Ukraine, I spent many a late night at the disco-tech. It was part of my weekly ritual. My friend, Yana, really liked to go and as I was a young person, it was pretty much expected for me to go. It was fun. I went just about every Friday night from December 2006 to March of 2007. That's when I grew out of it. My students went to the disco and I found it weird to be in that environment with them.

Here in Eugene, I've started to have a bit of a night life as well. I LOVE trivia night and am bummed every time I miss it. 80s night is also fun. I find the dancing rather hilarious. I dance like a nerdy teenager and don't usually stay too late.

This week, my allergies have kept me in my apartment. I have loved this staying in so much that I know I have become an old lady. I like my apartment too much. But that's okay. My friend and I are living up our twenties and will hopefully dancing to some Madonna tonight.

I'm sure that when I'm young, I'm supposed to enjoy staying up late, but I really just like to sleep. I mean seriously, sleep is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Just remember that it's Leonard McCoy. :)

    You have a very cute apartment, and I don't blame you for a second for wanting to stay there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your own personal Jesus. Amen sista.

    ReplyDelete