Wednesday, August 26, 2009

death of a Kennedy

When I checked my e-mail this morning, I stumbled upon the Yahoo! headline. Senator Ted Kennedy was dead. It's sad. I like the Kennedys. I still think that I would have voted for JFK or Bobby Kennedy had I been alive when they ran for office.

In the afternoon, I listened to an NPR interview with Senator Kennedy from 2006. He spoke about being a father figure to his kids after his brothers were assassinated. How tough of a job would that be? Could you even imagine dealing with your siblings' extremely public murders and keep a clear head to help care for their kids?

I'm sure Ted Kennedy will be remembered in a variety of different ways. Some might see him as a fun hero. Others see him as an American optimist. I see him as one of the great Kennedys.

Poka, Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment