Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stand By Me Adventure in Brownsville!

I first watched the movie Stand By Me when I was in eleven or twelve. I remember developing a crush on Gordy. He also played Wesley in Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think I liked the movie because it spoke so much of friendship. I love that true friends stick with us through all the crap we go through in life.

Throughout my life, I've had different groups of friends, all of whom I have depended on from time to time. I know that as we move and discover new places, so our friendships change. I'm lucky to be developing new friendships in Eugene. Hopefully, when I get stressed out from classes or other things, these friends will support me.

Yesterday, my friend Courtney and I took a little trip to Brownsville, Oregon, where we participated in the Stand By Me Festival. It was great. We checked out different spots from the movie, witnessed the pie-eating contest, and drank lemonade from a real roadside lemonade stand. It was a great day. I love small towns. They're at least fun to visit, for sure!

Before we left, I kept singing the song...Click here to check out a rad video of this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment