Friday, August 21, 2009

Tarantino and his Inglourious Basterds

Dulce bellum inexpertis.
War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
**Erasmus**


At 12:30 this afternoon, I experienced my first Quentin Tarantino film. The Kill Bill movies were hits when I was in college, but I was too busy reading or watching TV on DVD to pay much attention. My blindness was put to an end thanks to Facebook. About a month ago, I saw a post on BJ Novak's fan page about Inglourious Basterds. The Office's Ryan had finally made it into the movies. After watching the trailer, I decided I had to see this off-kilter depiction of World War II.

The movie was truly fabulous. Not only was Brad Pitt's acting superb, but I believe Tarantino was able to get at least 4 of the 7 emotions out of me in the 153 minutes I sat in the theater.

I have no doubt that I will soon be sitting in the theater yet again, picking out the interesting details and different stories in the film.

Today, I might have become a Quentin Tarantino fan. My queue on Netflix has been consulted on the matter. I will be watching his previous films early this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment