Sunday, September 6, 2009

what ice cream should be

Ice cream should be flavorful. This is one lesson I have yet to teach my parents. These two sixty-somethings think that vanilla is the best and only flavor of ice cream. What could they possibly be thinking? What about Goo-Goo Cluster? Peppermint? And cheesecake ice cream? There are so many kinds of ice cream.

This morning, my mom bought pumpkin ice cream for me. I made a big deal about the kind of ice cream we were going to eat at our barbeque. It should be good. At least it's not plain, boring vanilla.

2 comments:

  1. Sister, I must protest. Vanilla is anything but boring. The sensation of the cool sweet ice cream melting on your tongue and giving you that sweet burst of taste bud zen is amazing. Sure, I enjoy a little "spice" now and then. The pumpkin ice cream sounds amazing, but nothing can top the joy of a spoonful of rich, creamy vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again. I must disagree. What you say is false. Ice cream SHOULD NOT BE WHITE! Black, sure. Brown, yummy! Multi-colored- AMAZING and fun for your tongue. Sister, I believe we will never agree on this one thing.

    ReplyDelete