Saturday, September 12, 2009

sister of England

"No people have true common sense but those who are born in England."
--CHARLES DE MONTESQUIEU--


When I was in high school, I started to beieve that I had been born in the wrong place. I thought I belonged in England, that I should have been born there. My inability to catch a high school boyfriend led me to develop a crush on Prince William. This crush extended to all boys with British accents. Upon graduation, I planned to move to England, permanently, and to find my prince.

Things didn't turn out quite how I had planned. Instead of going to England, I went to Idaho. I felt it was a good choice. It was my two sisters that drew me to college at NNU. During my four years at NNU, I spent five months living in England. I liked it, but decided that I didn't want to live there forever. Perhaps the truth was that I didn't feel scholarly enough to live there forever. Nonetheless, I ended up back in the states.

These days, I am starting to long for England again. I miss her rich history and the beautiful underground. Hopefully, I'll be heading back there before I hit 30. I have a few years. It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment