Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Apples and such

"An apple is an excellent thing - until you have tried a peach."
--GEORGE DU MAURIER--


In high school, I loved VeggieTales. My Bible study watched some of the movies. We talked in depth about the messages in the films and how they applied to our lives.

My favorite parts were the Silly Songs with Larry. My favorite song was the cheeseburger song with Mr. Lunt. I showed the song to my dad. He hated it. He thought the subliminal message was to forget about our "bacon and eggs" and head for the cheeseburger. Basically, he thought the song condoned cheating. I was shocked. To me, the song was just funny. I mean seriously, it was a song about a cheeseburger. A vegetable was the singer. Was this really something I needed to analyze?

I like apples. They are my favorite fruit. Sure, on occasion, I'll buy a peach, but it will always be second to my solid, gala apple. I couldn't ever buy a peach unless I already had an apple for lunch.

I believe in honesty and loyalty. I'm sticking with my apple, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment