Friday, April 9, 2010

Ten Things

When I got home from work tonight, I wanted to escape. It seems like I do this a lot. I get tired of all the homework and stress induced by my minimum-wage jobs so I try to escape from them when I get home. I watch TV, read my books or surf the web.

I tried to watch an episode of Lost. It was too intense. I didn’t want to add to my stress level. I needed to lessen the stress. So I went to Hulu where I discovered, Ten Things I Hate About You, the TV show based on that awesome movie I watched in high school. The show is about two sisters who are completely opposite yet they have to figure out how to deal with their new lives in California. It’s great.

And so... not to be negative or anything, but I’m gonna make a “Ten Things I Hate List.” It is negative, isn’t it? Well, we’ll just have to see what I come up with.

Ten Things I Hate About the Current Climate in Oregon:
1. The weather is so temperamental. It never stays the same.
2. The economy is bad. We have a pay freeze at the Duck Store so I don’t even get regular barista wages, just minimum wage, YUCK!
3. The sun is starting to shine a bunch; it shines way too brightly in my eyes and my glasses just add to the misery.
4. The news climate is down. All the good stuff is happening in DC or West Virginia.
5. Putting on one jacket in the morning may end up being the wrong choice for any other hour of the day.
6. Mud. The rain gets the dirt wet and we get mud.
7. Crazy things are flying away from the U of O. Example: Mike Bellotti’s bailout.
8. Tax people in this state are slow. Still waiting on my return.
9. It’s nice. Streets are more crowded. It’s not as easy to wander around when the streets are full.
10. No barbecue. I left it at my parent’s house.

Okay, so I was reaching a bit. I actually really love Oregon, rain and all. I had to think really hard to come up with 4 through 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment