Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15th rocks

This morning, I woke up at 6:18. My dad was on the phone, ready to wish me a happy birthday. He asked me when I was planning on getting up and eating my good breakfast. I said I didn’t know.

I woke up again at 7:24. I figured my mom was calling me. I was partially right. My Ukrainian host mother, Alya, was calling me from overseas. I got the same question I always get, when are you coming back? I hate this question. If I could, I would go back tomorrow. But things are in the way. School. Dentist bills. The usual. But let me tell you, this phone call woke me up. Nothing makes your day better than a call from old friends in another country.

This birthday is bound to be an interesting one. And if it isn’t, I always have a puzzle to work on at home. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment