Monday, April 26, 2010

Ah, the Little Mermaid song

I’m listening to Part of Your World on my computer. I recently downloaded most all of my CDs to my hard drive so as to rid myself of all extraneous items in my apartment. A bunch of CDs sitting in a box aren’t doing me any good, right?

Part of Your World is from the Disney Princess Collection CD. It has special memories for me. Many are from my childhood, when I’d hang out with my cousins and we’d sing our hearts out. I’m pretty sure we could have started a band if our parents would have put a little money in it. ☺

I think my favorite, most recent memory of this song happened in 2007. I was still living in Ukraine. I’d gone to Bar (a town in Vinnytska Oblast) to visit my friend, Sheryl. She looked through my iPod and found this song. She blasted it and sang to the whole thing. It was AMAZING. The best part was that she got down on the ground and acted like she was Ariel on the rock. She even pushed out her hands as if they were the waves shooting out from behind her. I laughed harder than I had in months.

I love memories like this. They really help make crummy days like today just a little more happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment