Saturday, October 17, 2009

I think my hair is under attack!

Today was my day off. I didn't want to do any homework. I wanted to go to the movies, work on my Christmas letters, and do artsy things at home. With this plan from the beginning, I didn't plan on dressing up nice or trying a nice hairdo for my morning at the movies.

When the movie was over, I walked through the mall towards the exit closest to World Market. On my way, I heard a voice, "Excuse me." I thought the young woman had a question about the mall so I stopped for a second. It was a young blond woman with too much makeup and a fake tan. "Do you style your hair? Ever?" Shocked at the saleswoman's stupidity, I laughed, said no, and started walking again.

I guess I could have been really offended, told her to shove it, and walked off in a huff. But truly, I found the situation funny. I'm 26. I was wearing pigtails in my hair. Does she really think I'm going to try out her little products she's selling? Probably not. I mean, it's not as if Tina Fey wants me to guest star on 30 Rock. (For that gig, I just might get a consultation on my appearance.)

I had a good day. I like relaxed Saturdays. And quite frankly, I loved my hair in pigtails. I kinda go for the messy look every once in a while...

Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment