Tuesday, June 9, 2009

no gears

I bought a bike a while back. I'm moving to a major biking city pretty soon and I wanted to join the culture and get into a little better fitness shape.

My bike is cute. It's light blue. It has pearl-colored fenders. The handle bars are curved. I added a Union Jack flag sticker on the front for a little character. Unfortunately, the bike has no gears. I can't ride it up a hill. My legs are WAY too weak. To be honest, I don't know enough about bike gears to know the difference between bikes with gears and those without, but I imagine that something which could make bike riding a little bit easier might be nice.

Next week, I'm moving to my new place. I won't have a car (at least not at first) but I will be near the bus route and I'll have my trusty bike. I'm hoping no one steals my seat or the basket that I'm buying for the bike later this week.

I'm proud of myself. I've got myself some wheels. Sure they don't turn very fast, but hey, they take me places, right?

2 comments:

  1. I just had a visual of you riding up next to me as I looked out the window of my spinning house. The music was terrifying. lol My favorite vampire author is having her book series turned into a TV series. Woo hoo. So... what shall we do when I am in Oregon and what day will we go to Powells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powells is one of my favorite stores on earth. I DO want to go with, as long as I can get outta Eugene. I think you'll like checking out Eugene with my though. Thus far, I like it. Tomorrow, I fully plan on checking out the Thursday market.

    ReplyDelete