Monday, September 20, 2010

Garlic

I never remember consuming garlic in my early age. I just wasn’t into it. But I do remember learning about using garlic as a weapon against evil creatures. I think I was in third grade when I learned that garlic would ward off vampires and zombies and such. I’m not quite sure when I started eating garlic or cooking garlic, but I do know that I enjoy eating garlic now and that I find vampires and zombies somewhat interesting. If they were real, it might be fun to be friends with them, as long as they weren’t planning to drain the blood out of me or eat my brains.

For the last few days, I’ve been fighting a cold with an incredibly stuffy nose. But at about 6:00 each night, I’ve felt a ray of hope. My dad had fixed dinner with a plethora of garlic. My nostrils were cleared! Hooray!

I believe garlic has a place in this world. Sure, some people might use it to fend off scary beasts, and some of us might just like that it gives our food a little flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment