Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beaver Country

When I turned in my keys, filled my storage unit, and took a small sampling of my possessions with me to my parent’s house for the year, I didn’t put together all the pieces. I had forgotten that my parents were now in their sixties and went to bed at eight-thirty, nine on a special evening. I started to remember small details like “bedtime” within the first week. It took longer for others.

A few weeks of driving reminded me of the “red-nature” of Yamhill County. Tons of people here sport Chris Dudley stickers on their cars. Hmm. I’m sure I can find some democrats to befriend here in Dayton. ☺

But the biggest shock (and probably the most disappointing) is the amount of Beaver fans in the area. In my own classroom, two of the adults support the Beavers. I’m lucky one of the other sides with me. GO DUCKS!

I think after another year in Yamhill County, I’m gonna head to a new place. Yeah. I definitely need to get out of this Beaver country.

No comments:

Post a Comment