Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crowded Coffee Shop

Right now, I’m in my favorite coffee shop in the world. No, it is not the coffee shop I used to work in. It’s the place I frequented in high school. Back during the days when my mom and dad used to pay for my gas, I came here with my friends. I’m not sure why exactly or what we were thinking, driving all the way to Newberg through the crazy Dundee traffic. But we did it anyway.

I’m supposed to be working on my thesis right now, but I’m a bit distracted. In front of me, a seventy-year-old man is eating a muffin. Ahead and to the left of me, three high school years are gossiping about their friends. And behind me to the right, there are a couple of girls talking about Jesus and all that good stuff.

So maybe my idea of coming to the coffee cottage to write was a bad idea. Tomorrow, I’ll go to the library. Right now, I’m going to try to focus. Wish me luck…

No comments:

Post a Comment