Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fairy tale rebeliever

I don’t believe in fairy tales. Sure, I like to read the occasional story to my niece. And the Disney princess movies will always hold a special place in my heart, but for the most part, fairy tales cease to be real to me.

There is a story, however, that has recently filled an empty hole in my heart. The Princess and the Frog is by far the BEST Disney princess story of all time. Mulan doesn’t count as she isn’t a real princess, is she?

I used to love Sleeping Beauty best. Then I grew up and realized that Princess Aurora basically gets hurt and can only get made better when a prince comes to save her. Come on now, how realistic is that? Princes just don’t ride up on their white horses anymore, despite what Julia Roberts and Richard Gere pretend in Pretty Woman.

Okay, so I know I probably sound like a bitter old woman, but that’s not what I intend at all. This new frog movie has revitalized my faith in the whole love biz. Yep. Love stories may not always turn out the way we expect, kiss a frog and you find your prince, but they may turn out eventually, down by the Bayou. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment