Thursday, May 13, 2010

cell phone terror

There’s a reason I try not to have cell phone conversations in front of others. People listen in. I do it. My ear stretches out to catch the private words people are sharing in public. Why wouldn’t I listen in when the person is shouting so loud into the phone that even my grandfather with horrible hearing could catch every word?

The other day, I took a bus to campus. When I got on, a girl was talking to her friend about school stuff. When she got off, she was still talking to the same friend. We both walked across the street and took the same sidewalk up 13th on campus. She was still talking to her friend. At first, I’d been listening. Then, I realized I was annoyed and started to tune her out. By the time I got to the path to the J-School, she still hadn’t stopped her conversation.

Seriously? Does she like to be noisy and obnoxious with her telephone conversations?

Yesterday, I got news that I was one of the people OPB was looking at for a summer internship. I was pretty stoked. I tried to e-mail my mom about it, but she didn’t read them right away. I ended up calling her when I was walking four blocks from my house. Sure, I was chatting loudly on my phone, but I made sure there weren’t any people walking behind me. Plus, the convo only lasted about two minutes.

Cell phones... Be careful where you use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment