Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If I weren't studying...

I'm not such a fan of studying these days. I do it, though. It's not as if I've started to slack off or anything. It's just that I would rather be doing other things. Studying isn't so fun anymore. I end up thinking too hard. I'm not supposed to be an analytical thinker. And that's what I have to do at school. Ugh!

As I'm taking a 20 minute break from studying, I've decided to share a list of things I'd rather be doing...if I weren't forced to study, that is...

1. drinking tea with Baba Masha...oh to be able to complain about my school work to that sweet old lady. I miss her so much!
2. watching Dawson's Creek...I know. Totally lame. But the high school drama requires no brain power. The problems they face are so tiny compared to my HUGE grad school issues. (ha!)
3. Wandering through the Christmas decorations at Fred Meyer or Target.
4. Reading my British chickLit!
5. traveling...anywhere really.
6. taking pictures for fun
7. sleeping
8. reorganizing my cupboards or bookshelves (seriously, I sometimes get a high from this!)
9. drinking a glass of wine...I'm sure I haven't had any wine since week 2 of school! Ah!
10. Going back to Dayton to see my closest friend from the Dayton years.

Too bad. I have to go read more about the Political Economy of the Media. Wahoo?

1 comment:

  1. First, OH-MY-GOSH. I had to read Political Economy of the Media for my Social Identity course in grad school. I even had to give a presentation about key concepts! ...That book is simply HUGE. Apologies. I did, though, find it quite interesting.

    Also:
    5b. Taking a drama-free autumn holidays trip with me. (Ha! Drama-free.)
    9b. Vodka. Drinking vodka.

    ReplyDelete