Thursday, November 5, 2009

Autobiographical notes from Oxford circa 2004

Here is something I found on my old harddrive. I wrote it while I was studying in Oxford and shared it in front of a group at our "Talent Night." Enjoy.


What makes me unique
By Sharece Bunn

I am unique.
It’s true
My mommy sometimes even looks at me weird. But usually, it’s just the other kids I’m around. But they all think I’m fun and they like being my friend.
The worst part was when I was in high school. The student teacher in my consumer ec. Class told me that I was the “strangest leader ever.” So basically, he couldn’t figure out how a weird slacker like me ended up being so involved in FFA and student council and basically every other thing there was to get involved in. But I was okay with that. I sort of took it as a complement.
But when my family started telling me how strange I was, I was a little thrown off. They all love me of course, they just know that I’m not what people usually expect to get out of such an intelligent being.
But as for why I am unique, I must admit it is because I am just me.
I am a kid (at heart at least).
I’m on a strange diet since the summer which will actually be a lifestyle choice for the rest of my life so that I will not have cholesterol issues like my big brother Shane.
I go through weird fads, like when I decided to become a vegetarian for a month or when I decided that I was going to let my 80s fetish go hard-core with the pins on the jacket for a month. I love crimping my hair and will crimp it in the middle of writing a paper or just when I am by myself at the ‘rent’s house or in my apartment at school.
I used to stay in from recess in 1st grade to write in my journal.
I was always the teacher’s pet. I had a star badge every year of grade school and I was always one of the students who got student of the month.
I was the Valedictorian.
I was the student of the year.
I was hard core FFA chick in junior high, wishing for a belt-buckle for Christmas more than anything else.
When I got that belt buckle a few years later, I never wore it, as I was burnt out of the whole hick thing.
I love going to the St. Paul Rodeo but I would never want to dress up like a hick to go.
I love wearing plain white t-shirts best.
I love peace.
My favorite necklaces are multi-colored.
Purple is my ultimate favorite color. Whenever I buy something new, I usually have to think twice if it is not purple, but if it is purple, I will usually buy it pretty fast.
I have been obsessed with England for a long time, believing it to be the ideal place for me to live.
Since I’ve come to Oxford, I have decided that England is cool, but it’s just not me.
I don’t know exactly where I want to live when I grow up.
I once had a crush on JTT.
I have the same best friends from high school.
I have a serious princess complex. Yes, I was a princess in high school but I don’t know that I have ever gotten over the fact that now I am a grownup and I am not married to a prince, which means that I am no longer princess material (even though Shane thinks I will meet one of the princes while I’m here).
I’ve given up my dream of meeting a hot British boy here to marry. (yes, there are 8 weeks left but how ridiculous is that…to never have a relationship and then for the first one date someone I’m separated from by ocean).
I like jewelry.
I have a weird thing for guys in bands.
But I’ve never had a boyfriend. And I’ve never had the guts to actually let a guy know that I’m interested in him. And in all actuality, guys kind of scare me (although I have some closer guy friends here than I have had in a LONG time).
I wear holey socks.
I have a weird thing about matching my shoes to my belt (although I can’t do it here because not all my shoes are here).
I broke my umbrella and am too cheap to buy a new one even though I’ll spend money on ridiculous candy jars because the brand is “Bob’s your uncle.”
I always peel the labels off of my chapstick.
I picked Jell-o! as my camp name.
I usually HAVE to wash my sheets every two weeks but since I’ve moved here I haven’t even washed them (and its been five weeks).
I am random.
I am creative
I like to say things out of the ordinary just because that’s what I’m thinking about.
I usually drift off when people talk to me about serious things because I usually don’t know what they are talking about.
I sometimes nod my head when people ask me if I know what they’re talking about because I figure it’s not important to know anyway.
I pronounce words wrong ALL THE TIME.
I use words I learned as a child incorrectly because I never figured out what they actually mean or how they should be used.
I relate the most to Phoebe.
I can also relate to Joey quite a bit (during some of his dumb moments).
I really like things to be clean, at least in neat piles.
I used to have OCD (with my hands and the washing bit).
I had three ear related surgeries.
I sometimes forget to clean out my belly button.
I have a weird obsession with piercings (although I don’t know what else I would REALLY want pierced).
I want a tattoo but not enough to actually do it.
The pitt name (our hangout spot) was named by me.
I love photography.
Writing is a serious obsession with me but I keep getting writers block.
I write more in my journal that I would ever actually tell a human being.
God is my homeboy.
I need to go to bed.
Sincerely,
Recey 12:44 AM wed, the 13th of October in the year 2004!

No comments:

Post a Comment