Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend at Home

I went home to chill with my parents this weekend. The original plan was to check out the fabulous wineries in the area. That didn't last very long. I ended up going home to a sick mother, an overworked farmer-of-a-father and a bed with the same wrinkly sheets I stayed in a month ago. My poor parents have been working so hard that one of them got sick and the other has had to put aside some of his house duties to help out my other siblings.

Although we ditched the plan to go wine tasting, we still went out for a bit. We spent Saturday night at the movies. We saw Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton's newest hit film.

Weekends at home are an odd thing. I'm always so tired that I end up sleeping a bunch. And I end up helping out with the dishes, taking pictures of my gnomes on the front lawn, and watching DVDS of old TV shows or movies I haven't seen in a while.

Home on the farm is relaxing. My life in Eugene isn't always the same.

It's good though. I like a change in scenery every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment