Monday, March 15, 2010

Thoughts on PhotoJ


This quarter, I took a class in photojournalism. After a stressful fall quarter, I wanted to invest some time in something I feel passionate about, photography. It has been a tough class. I've had to learn new things such as how to use a flash and heavy duty lighting equipment. I've had to reinvest time in composition, as my lines and eye-level things are often an issue. But in general, it's been a great class.

I decided to show this picture for your viewing pleasure. It's of my friend Sarah. She was the subject of basically ALL of my flash photos. She's a gem. She lent her time to me and let me take stupid photos of her eating a muffin, working on her computer, or acting out things like this (hear no evil,speak no evil, see no evil... only in a different order.

I love photography. I'm excited for the prospect of taking pictures for fun again, no pressure to meet a deadline or get a certain shot. I think photography will always be a passionate HOBBY for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment