Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar night

I really had intended to do some serious homework tonight. But then I realized that the Oscars were on TV. I’m watching them now.

It’s been years since I’ve been able to watch the Oscars on TV. The last time I saw them was probably back in high school. In college, I was always working Sunday nights. And in Ukraine, well, Ukers just don’t watch the Oscars. And then the rents didn’t have TV.

The tribute to horror movies made me realize how little I know about the genre. Sure, I finally watched Saw. And I’ve seen all versions of Scream and I know What You Did Last Summer. I still haven’t seen Psycho. Oh man, I’ve gotta get going! So many movies to see, so much other work to do in the meantime.

Quentin Tarantino looked pretty happy with the horror bit.

My eyes were glued to the screen when it came to the sound effects. How cool would it be to do that? I work in sound... at the radio station. Could I have a future at the Oscars? Um… it might be a long shot, but it’s still a pretty awesome idea.

Here are some of the things I have learned thus far during this night at home with the Oscars:
1. I need to finish school so I can have more time to go to the movies.
2. It would be beneficial for me to watch a bunch of John Hughes films.

Here are some of the movies I added to my “to see” mini journal I take with me everywhere:
1. Crazy Heart
2. The Hurt Locker
3. A Serious Man
4. Avatar
5. The Young Victoria
6. An Education’
7. Precious
8. Imaginarium by Doctor Parnassus

I agree about the ingenuity of Inglorious Basterds. I’ve been talking about it since I first went to see it. Oh man, I hope it gets its due.

Commercials during the Oscars can be pretty rockin’ too. There’s a new show coming to ABC. Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. Hmm… sounds pretty great.

Note: Movies are powerful. There have been at least five times in the past hour and forty minutes watching this awards ceremony when I’ve started to cry or tear up. What can I say? I’m passionate about movies.

The dancing to the movie scores is pretty amazing. I’m really glad we humans are such fabulous and innovative people. I’m definitely a fan!

Happy Oscar watching to all!

1 comment:

  1. I missed you at our Oscar night. How are you? What's new? When will you be posting pictures? Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete