Saturday, January 8, 2011

FRIENDS

I have seen every episode of Friends. It’s true. The Vegas episode happened at the end of my sophomore year of high school. My parents didn’t like the show so I would watch it in my room on their black and white TV. The next year, we got a mini satellite dish and my parents ended up watching it with me. I watched it at 5:00 and at 5:30 and we’d watch the new episodes every Thursday at 8 PM. In college, I skipped the basketball games to watch Friends. This was, of course, way before Hulu existed and we could watch current episodes online. Sure I missed out on one of my university’s main events, but I stayed connected to my loyal friends.

There’s something about Chandler’s nonstop jokes and Phoebe’s clairvoyance that makes me feel at home. I’ve always wanted a group of friends like the ones in Friends. But I’ve always moved around too much or been too busy to constantly hang out with a large group of friends.

I’m watching Friends right now. It’s been the perfect Saturday: watching Friends, editing photos, chatting on Russian facebook, and baking. Ah. Good day at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment