Saturday, November 27, 2010

snow and holiday thoughts

Snow! It’s snowing here in Nampa, Idaho. We’re watching Robin Hood, the one with Russell Crowe. Shanna’s working on her computer, doing teacher’s homework. Ma Bunn is holding baby Jayden. Pa Bunn is staring at the movie television set, engrossed in the film. Spencer lies engulfed in his Spiderman comforter, watching the action in Nottingham.

And here I am: sitting at my computer, typing a blog post. At least I’m in front of the computer. That means it’s more likely that I will work my on my final project revisions. (Sigh. I wish I were already done. ☹)

Eh. Life is good. I had a delightful pancake this morning, with a few chocolate chips melted inside it with some of that delicious peanut butter and maple syrup on top. It really feels like the holidays. We’re not doing much of anything. If the tree and decorations were up, it would definitely feel like Christmas.

I’m going to miss the Christmas holidays with my family this year. It’s by choice of course. I want to visit my Peace Corps family in Ukraine, but still. I’ll miss out on the good old BBJ traditions.

Eh. I’ll survive. I always do. And I’ll still get to celebrate New Years in Portland. YEA!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for chocolate chip pancakes and computer screens to round out the holiday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Those pancakes were good. I only had one, but I had the leftover half in the middle of the day. DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete