Friday, June 11, 2010

SCHOOL'S OUT

When I graduated from high school NINE years ago, our class had a theme song. It wasn’t all that original. I’m sure many high school graduating classes have celebrated their new beginnings with this song.

Well, school is officially out for yours truly. It’s been a rigorous year and in actuality, I have yet to complete my master’s thesis (or project, in my case), but all the same, classes are done. This is exciting, mainly because I have been so fed up with classes. It’s been a rough, stressful, even emotional year. But I’ve learned a bunch and now, it’s time for some celebrating!

My best friends from DHS and I are headed off to Spokane, WA to visit the fifth chica in our clique. It is sure to be a fabulous trip. We’re gonna hike, make soap, talk, and get tattoos. I’m sure we’ll do more than that, but those are the highlights. I’ve been looking forward to this trip ever since Sarah first suggested the idea on Facebook in the fall. And at long last, the trip is finally here. It’ll be grand.

The trip and the tattoo are rewards of sorts. I’ve made it through four quarters of grad school relatively unscarred. I did all my work, turned it in on time, and got above average grades (which for grad school means I’m just getting by). But I did it. I deserve this.

Poka for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment