Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wedding Whistles

Okay, so I'm not engaged. I'm not even seeing anybody. I did, however, attend my first ever wedding show today. My friend, Brenda, is a wedding coordinator. She let me have a pass to the show to take pictures for her website. I had fun with it. It was actually pretty rad.

The show aside, I got to thinking. Weddings are fun. The party itself is awesome. I can hardly wait for it. The thing is, I'm not so sure about the marriage part. That's not good. If I'm more excited about a party and a diamond ring, that's proof that I haven't met the right person, correct?

Here's a quick list of things I've said recently regarding marriage...

"If I could marry a restaurant, I'd marry the Glenwood."

"If I were to spend the rest of my life with only one food, it'd be cheese."

"If I were to fall for a coffee drink, it'd be an 8 ounce mocha."

You see, my ideas of marriage and love don't extend far enough to really get to the heart of the wedding phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment