Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Lights of Christmas


This Christmas break, I discovered a very important place in Portland. It's called Peacock Lane. They've been a touristy spot in Portland since 1929, when the Christmas lights of wonder began.
When I left Eugene, I took the bus to Portland. I met my parents at the train station and we headed to the lane. There were tons of people there. But it was still pretty cool.

One of my favorites was the Grinch lawn. When I'd been on the bus earlier that day, I had seen a blow-up Grinch lawn ornament in a Salem yard. This Grinch display on Peacock Lane has such a higher level of sophistication. It's awesome.

I have to say, spending time on the Lane de la peacock really helped me catch a little bit of the Christmas spirit back. I had lost a bit of it, unfortunately. I think anyone who starts to lose the Christmas spirit needs to find their own inspiring Peacock Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment