Saturday, May 23, 2009

three's a crowd, especially at the drive-in movie

Last night, I went with to the drive-in to see two fabulous science-fiction movies. Both Star Trek and X-Men Origins: Wolverine were playing. My sister and I often hoof it to the drive-in during the sunny season, but yesterday I decided to invite my father to go with us. It was quite an experience. Shanna, my dad and I squeezed our greedy butts into the bed of her truck and we wiggled and pushed each other through the entire five hours experience. It was probably the most uncomfortable time I have ever had at the drive-in and yet it will forever be etched in my memory as a fun time.

The highlight of the night came on my way to the bathroom. I was walking around the corner and I thought I saw something about to hit me. In fact, a bunch of geeky guys were throwing a frisbee around. The frisbee didn't almost hit me. I have absolutely zero depth perception and thus, my dramatic side step to avoid being hit was really just an overreaction to nothing. Hmph. Maybe I'm the actual geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment