Thursday, February 25, 2010

eyewear and such

Since starting grad school, I have converted to wearing glasses every day. It's not to look smarter or to get ready for eye surgery (don't I wish!). It's really about the economy of it all. I can't afford to buy contacts any more.

With glasses, I feel like a completely different person. It takes more effort to look behind me when I'm walking. My sight gets smudgy as the glasses get dirtier and I have way less motivation to wear eye make-up.

With all that in mind... here's a quote:

"The eyes are the spoons of speech." (AN ARABIC PROVERB)

If my eyes are covered by these dirty glasses, does this mean I have a speech deficiency? I mean, I can't make eye contact when my glasses fog up or when I can't see through them and have to clean them off with my t-shirt. What's the deal?

I wanna get glasses again. I think it'd be a pretty rad thing to do. We'll see if that happens.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs. They are very entertaining, and makes me miss Eugene, ALOT. But this is a good thing!

    -JB :)

    ReplyDelete